Over the past week or two I’ve been on a cleaning mission. I’ve been de-cluttering our house. I’m nowhere near finished and I’ve already filled our big trashcan outside multiple times and have a gigantic donation pile (i.e. my entire kitchen is buried). In the past, I have been a horrible pack rat. No more. I am incredibly sick of all this clutter, and am throwing away everything in sight that I don’t believe would be a useful donation.
While cleaning out the craft room, guest room and closets I have found a lot of interesting things. I have also learned some things about my husband.
- He is just as bad of a pack rat as I am. He just hides it better.
- I discovered my husband has a collection of hard hats.
- He also has a lot of repair books for cars he no longer owns or has never owned.
Here are a few of the more interesting things I found in the craft room.
- Teen and Teen People magazines from 1998 and 1999
- enough Hanson posters and magazines to qualify me as a stalker
- Disney World ticket stubs from 1991 (Price on those? $33 each)
- enough loose leaf paper, binders, and folder dividers to supply a small school in Africa for a year or two
Then when I got to cleaning out the guest room and its closet I found some really sweet things too. Like these….
I know our little Peanut is going to enjoy these puzzles as much as I did. I’m surprised they even survived. I remember playing with these over and over and over.
I also found these….
These sweet little dresses were mine and my sister’s. If Peanut is a boy, I guess these will go into the back of my closet to wait for myself or my sister to have a little girl.