Here are a few things that I did/should have done just in case the power goes out. You would think that I would have thought about this stuff BEFORE my husband left town this afternoon.
- Plug in phone.
- Pray the phone gets a full charge before the power goes out. This is especially important to stupid people like me that have no car charger.
- Get the kerosene heater out of the shed. Yeah, this is one of those things I should have thought about before he left. Let’s hope I don’t have to figure out how to do it myself.
- Buy kerosene. Yeah, another one of those things I should have thought about before he left.
- Put anything work related that I may need tomorrow on my jumpdrive. This one I did! If the power goes out here before my order finishes processing, at least I have a back up IF I can get somewhere else to send it off.
- Charge our iPods. -This one I did, but only because we have one iPod in the iHome radio in the kitchen at all times, and it automatically charges them. Hey, I’ll need some music!
- EAT – Definitely did this. 🙂
- Order pizza – I didn’t do this one. Should have. Pizza is better cold anyway, so it would be a good thing to have on hand that I wouldn’t have to worry about heating up.
And another thought….because I am the wife of a lineman, I think that I should have seniority over anyone else when it comes to the order power is restored. 🙂 I know, I know…it doesn’t work that way. It depends on how the lines run/fall…but I can try!
Anyway, let’s just hope we wake up in the morning with electricity! Please, please, please…